Last month at the 2017 LA AutoCon, all eyes were on the all-new 2017 Honda Civic Type R as it made its official US debut. The Civic Type R is one of the fiercest looking new models and when it’s released later this year it’ll be the fastest, most powerful Honda to ever hit US streets.
It packs 306 horsepower at 6,500 rpm and can easily achieve a 295 lb. ft. of torque. This six-speed manual transmission—no automatics available for the Civic Type R—is powered by a 2.0-liter, turbocharged I4 engine. It’s available as a supremely sporty hatchback only and comes with these standard features:
- bolstered sport seats
- leather wrapped steering wheel
- aluminum shift knob and pedals
- red gauge cluster with Type R plaque on the center console
- 540-watt, 12-speaker sound system
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto, satellite radio, HD Radio and Pandora compatibility
- automatic climate control
- LED headlights, taillights, fog lights and turn signals
Civic Type R drivers will be able to control the intensity of their driving experience by alternating between three available driving modes—Comfort, Sport, and +R. Its active sculpted exterior screams for attention with dramatic front air vents, side fender flares, a big wing on the back, and three—yes, three—tailpipes. To finish its extreme look, fiery red accents lines highlight the lower body and 20-inch black alloy wheels. It’s a fresh combination of youthful confidence and aggressive road power.
It’s been over a year since the Civic Type R concept debuted at the Paris Motor Show and now it’s here in the US. Soon enough it’ll be on display in our Milpitas showroom and seen on our Bay Area streets. Click here to stay up-to-date on all news relating to the 2017 Civic Type R, including its release date.